Need more time?
Get an extension - it's Free!
Get a FREE federal extension in three simple steps:
- 1. Tell us about yourself
- 2. Fill out your extension
- 3. Finish and e-file
To begin, just click the Free Extension button below.
- For most taxpayers, filing an extension gives you until October 15 to file your federal return.
- An extension is extra time to file your return, not to pay your tax. Your tax is still due April 15.
- We'll help you estimate your 2012 tax, to see if you need to make a payment with your extension.
- You can prepare and file returns and extensions online, from the same secure account.