Due to the Coronavirus national emergency, the IRS has extended deadlines for individuals and businesses as part of the tax relief plan.
- Federal income tax return deadline: July 15
- Federal income tax payment deadline: July 15
- Quarter 1 estimated tax payment deadline: July 15
- Optional suspension of OIC payments: July 15
- Optional suspension of installment agreement payments: July 15
- Quarter 2 estimated tax deadline: June 15
Individual taxpayers can file a tax extension if more time to file is needed beyond the new July 15 deadline. You can use Form 4868 when you sign in to 1040.com to request an additional extension of time to file. The extension gives you until October 15.