You got this—all you have to do is start!
We make filing taxes delightfully simple with our flat–rate price. Every feature included for everyone.Start filing
What IRS tax dates do I need to remember?
2021 E-filing Dates
- February 12 – IRS begins accepting and processing e-filed returns and extensions
- April 15 – Last day to e-file returns and extensions
- October 15 – Last day to e-file returns with a 6-month extension
2021 Estimated Tax Payment Dates
- January 15 – Make last 2020 estimated tax payment
- April 15 – First 2021 estimated tax payment due
- June 15 – Second 2021 estimated tax payment due
- September 15 – Third 2021 estimated tax payment due
Tax Document Dates
- February 1, 2021 – Deadline for employers to file Form W-2s with the Social Security Administration
- February 1, 2021 – Deadline for reporting payments to contract workers on Form 1099-MISC
2021 Federal Legal Holidays
- January 1 – New Year's Day
- January 18 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15 – Presidents’ Day
- May 31 – Memorial Day
- July 5 – Independence Day (Public Holiday Date)
- September 6 – Labor Day
- October 11 – Columbus Day
- November 11 – Veterans' Day
- November 25 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 – Christmas Day (Public Holiday Date)
You’ve got the dates—now get ready to file!
Now that the plan is laid out, all that’s left is to actually get your taxes done. Even if it’s not time to file, creating a 1040.com account means staying in the loop when dates become relevant, and you’ll get reminders when you can sign in and finish your taxes for the year.