More Tax Guides
You got this—all you have to do is start!
We make filing taxes delightfully simple with our flat–rate price. Every feature included for everyone.Start filing
IRS official tax dates you need to stay on top of your taxes.
2020 Federal Legal Holidays
- January 1 – New Year's Day
- January 20 – Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
- February 17 – Washington's Birthday
- May 25 – Memorial Day
- July 3 – Independence Day
- September 7 – Labor Day
- October 14 – Columbus Day
- November 11 – Veterans' Day
- November 26 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
2020 E-Filing Dates
- TBA – First day to e-file and first IRS acknowledgements of e-filed returns
- February 15 – First day refunds can be issued for taxpayers claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit.
- April 15 – Last day to e-file returns and extensions
- June 15 – Last day to e-file timely extension request for overseas taxpayers
- October 15 – Last day to e-file returns that received 6-month extension
2020 Estimated Tax Payment Dates
- January 15 – Make last 2019 estimated tax payment
- April 15 – First 2020 estimated tax payment due
- June 15 – Second 2020 estimated tax payment due
- September 15 – Third 2020 estimated tax payment due
Tax Document Dates
- January 31, 2020 – Deadline for employers to file Form W-2s with the Social Security Administration.
- January 31, 2020 – Deadline for reporting payments to contract workers on Form 1099-MISC.
It’s not too good to be true. See what others are saying about filing taxes online with 1040.com
“As a high school personal finance teacher, I've been teaching students how to file tax returns for years. This system is a game changer! Really good and easy to use.”- Brooke P., Georgia
“Very straight forward website and helps out those who are deathly afraid of tax season. This is the 3rd year I've been filing through you guys and I've got to say it has made my life so much easier. I recommend this website to everyone I know who hates taxes.”- Christopher L, Washington
“This has been the easiest tax filing experience I've ever had - and I used to do taxes for a living!”- Gabrele S., Georgia