Tax guide

Does the new COVID-19 relief package include housing assistance?

Table of Contents

Coronavirus FAQ

You got this—all you have to do is start!

We make filing taxes delightfully simple with our flat–rate price. Every feature included for everyone.

Start filing

Yes, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, signed into law on December 27, 2020, allows qualifying renters to receive assistance on rent and utility payments. If you qualify, you can apply for it through your state and local administration. Each state will decide how to manage housing assistance, so check with your state for announcements on how the process works for you as a resident.

Sign Up

It’s not too good to be true. See what others are saying about filing taxes online with