Tax Guide

Get answers to all your questions about taxes, personal finance, insurance and more.

Can I file a tax extension?

Anyone can file an official tax extension online with Simply log in or sign up and select the “Need an Extension?” button on the first page. provides a simple way to electronically file the official IRS Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return). For more information, head over to our Tax Guide.

Remember: Extension applications are due by April 17, 2018, and any taxes you owe are also due on that date. With an extension, your return will be due October 16, 2018. For those in military or living outside the U.S, special rules may apply.

Ready to file your taxes? Start Free!