Tax Guide

Get answers to all your questions about taxes, personal finance, insurance and more.

How to file a tax extension

File your tax extension electronically on using the official IRS Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return).

When you sign in to, select the “Need an Extension?” option on the first page. You’ll be guided through the process quickly and easily to file your tax extension for just $19.95. Check out more information on extensions here.

Remember: Extension applications are due by April 17, 2018, and any taxes you owe are also due on that date. With an extension, your return will be due by October 16, 2018. For those in the military or living outside the U.S, special rules may apply.

You can file your tax return on any time on or before October 16, 2018.

Ready to file your taxes? Start Free!