Tax Guide

Get answers to all your questions about taxes, personal finance, insurance and more.

Can a married person claim head of household filing status?

Yes, a married person can claim the Head of Household filing status if they have not been living with their spouse for at least 6 months out of the year and provided more that 50% care to a dependent during the year. They must also have provided more than half of the maintenance costs of the home where they and the dependent lived.

Tax Refund Calculator