Tax guide

How do I find last year’s AGI?

Updated for filing 2021 tax returns

To find your prior-year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), look on a copy of the tax return you filed last year.

Your 2020 AGI will be on Line 11 of Form 1040.

If you filed with, we’ll automatically carry forward your prior-year AGI to validate your identity when you file this year. You can also sign in and view a completed copy of your return from last year. In the upper left-hand corner of the PDF, you will see which main tax form your return was filed on.

Still waiting on your 2020 tax return to be processed? Or simply didn't file last year? Here's what to put for prior-year AGI.

The location of AGI is different depending on the year. For years before 2018, the location of your AGI depends on the form you filed:

  • Form 1040EZ: Line 4
  • Form 1040A: Line 21
  • Form 1040: Line 37

For 2018 to the present, your AGI is located as follows:

  • 2018: Line 7 on Form 1040
  • 2019: Line 8b on Form 1040
  • 2020: Line 11 on Form 1040


Sign Up

Still have questions?

You got it. We’re always here to help.

Here's what we found in our blog for file online with

Keeping You Safe with e-File

E-filing is the safest way to handle your taxes. Here's why.


Help Before You File

Some common mistakes on income tax returns - and how to avoid them.


Help Before You File

Confused about e-filing your taxes? Speed up your return filing with these tax tips.


4 Things to Know About Online Banking

Heard the online banking buzz? Though traditional banks have their strengths, let's see what this online bank trend has to offer.


How e-File Protects your Tax Refund

Filing your taxes online is actually the safest way to handle your tax return, according to the IRS. Here's why!


What Do Clean Water and Online Taxes Have in Common?

Both and Healing Waters International take the basics to the next level. Check out our video to see how.


Calculate Your Health Care Costs

Use our handy online calculators to see what your costs will be - and what your costs will be for health insurance - and what your penalty might be if you don't have it.


Why Should I Pay to File My Own Taxes? 6 Reasons It's Worth It

Read on for our six biggest reasons why $25 is a steal for the experience.


4 Steps to Getting Your Fastest Possible Refund

Let's minimize the time between you and your tax refund as much as possible-because why not have your money in your pocket?


Get Ready for Tax Season by Estimating Your Tax Refund

Want to get a head start on your taxes? Use's Tax Estimator for free!


It’s not too good to be true. See what others are saying about filing taxes online with